Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

The fuel gauge was stuck on 1/4. I replaced the drive side

Customer Question
fuel sending unit and checked...
The fuel gauge was stuck on 1/4. I replaced the drive side fuel sending unit and checked the passengers side. I got the fuel gauge to work. I went to start the car and the car does not start. It will crank. The voltage is correct at the Idle Control Valve and I cleaned the valve and the throttle plates. The fuel pump is working. The engine fired with carb cleaner.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine will not start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
2/13/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Since the engine will run on ether that means it is missing fuel pressure or fuel injector pulse. Do you know how to check those?

Can I get the year, make, and model?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The master key lost its program for some reason. the car would run with the valet key. As you can see I am not happy with Just Answer. It appears to me you are always asking for more money. I am not going to rate you because I can not give you a good rating. Thanks GR

Glad you got it resolved. Wished I had known the theft light was on or flashing while trying to start. You can leave the question value for the website to keep since you do not want to rate.

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician