Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My radio skips during the playing of music while in the

Customer Question
FM/AM mode, also while playing...
my radio skips during the playing of music while in the FM/AM mode, also while playing CD's. I have never known it to ever do this while just playing the radio. It started about two weeks ago.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Also if the volume is up to number 5-10 it plays normally. Once I turn up the volumn high to number 20-50 or max, it skips and at time doesn't come back for like 5 to 8 seconds at a times. I hope there is a solution
2/3/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common component that will cause this fault here that I have seen and had to replace before is a fault with the sound amplifier itself.If the sound amplifier has an internal electrical fault it will cause this issue here intermittently and will need replaced.This is fairly common for this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete