Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2005 GX470 and keep getting the P1441 and P1444…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...
I have a 2005 GX470 and keep getting the P1441 and P1444 codes. The SUV then goes into limp mode. I had the secondary air injection valves replaced about three weeks ago. after two days same thing happened. they said it was likely dirt in the system. cleen it out again drove it around for a few days and gave it back. now about a week or so later. same thing came out this morning and all the warning lights were on and SUV was in limp mode.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/3/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST:

If you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help unless you…

… have basic mechanical knowledge and skills, and…

… have whatever tools and equipment might be needed for a proper diagnosis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The secondary air injection system by itself would not cause the powertrain to go into limp mode. Unless you want me to help you fix this issue yourself - would have to have a bunch of very expensive tools - my advice at this time is to get your money back from whomever has been working on your GX and take it to a qualified Lexus repair facility before something even worse happens.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards.

Lexus Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do you still need assistance on this issue?

Thanks, actually all the work on my car is being done at the Lexus dealership where I purchased the car. They kept it for a week spoke with Lexus headquarter and tried to duplicate the problem. It did not happen again so they're turned the car to me and the next day it happened again. This time they sent the technician to my house so he got to experience the fact that the car will not go above 50 miles an hour after the Vsc, check engine light etc come on. So my car is back at the dealership again

Do you have the VIN so I can look into the service history or want further input from me?