Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I HAVE A 98 LEXUS GS300..AS I WAS DRIVING MY ENGINE STARTED…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 98 LEXUS...
I HAVE A 98 LEXUS GS300..AS I WAS DRIVING MY ENGINE STARTED MAKING A REALLY BAD THUMPING NOISE BUT AFTER A MINUTE OR TWO IT WOULD GO AWAY. WELL WHEN THE NOISE WENT AWAY I DROVE ABOUT 2 MILES AND I NOTICED THAT MY CAR HAD OVERHEATED AND THE PIN ON THE GAGE EVEN WENT PASSED THE HOT SYMBOL SO I STOPPED AND THEN SMOKE BEGAN COMING OUT OF THE ENGINE.. THERE WAS COOLANT EVERYWHERE.. DID I BLOW MY ENGINE?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
1/31/2016
Lexus Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

its very possible... was it overheating when you heard the noise?