Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

2007 gx 470 passanger rear window went down in increments…

Customer Question
2007 gx 470 passanger rear...
2007 gx 470 passanger rear window went down in increments sort of as two people were putting it down - one from the master and on from the rear switch. I guess both pushing the button at the same time. It is now down and neither switch will move it back up. Any help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
I check the fuse for the window and it is good. Also the rear passanger door in questions switch has a flashing green light on it. But the window will not move.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/30/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you hear any noises at all when this fault occurs here inside the door when trying to roll it back up?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

I can hear the switch click a little but no motor sounds. I did unhook the battery for about 30 min and still nothing.

Try this relearn and see if this works as the window may have lost its programming/learn causing this here.

Push down and hold down the window switch for the window affected for about 5 seconds.Then pull up and hold up the window switch until the switch goes from blinking to a constant illumination.Then check and see if the window operates properly then and let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Yeah I tried that before contacting you. I am told that you can hear the motor sound when pushing down but not up - when the panel is removed. Also the door switch is flashing twice quickly. The main controller at the drivers door is on solid. Neither work the window to get it up

This is a difficult question for me to be able to answer fully from here myself unfortunately.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Heloo and welcome to JustAnswer!

The first thing that should be done at this point is disconnect the window motor connector, set up an incandescent test light across the motor terminals, and press the switch in the up direction to see if the test light lights up. Are you able to do this?