Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2006 lexus is 250. When I accelerate it gets warm…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 lexus...
I have a 2006 lexus is 250. When I accelerate it gets warm and at stops its semi cold.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
1/29/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Have you checked or replaced the thermostat recently?

I heard because it runs off of the heat from coolant. Maybe coolant needs filled and possible waterpump leak?

I see, thanks. Yes, you will want to be sure that the system is full, (undoubtedly) and that there are no leaks. The system could be pressure tested at most of the major parts stores, or an automotive shop.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks