Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

The Brake Pedal is really HARD. I have the VSC light, ABS…

Customer Question
The Brake Pedal is really...
The Brake Pedal is really HARD.
I have the VSC light, ABS Light, BRAKE light all on.
Check VSC System, Check ABS System, Check Brake System, Brake Malfunction
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/27/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

As you probably already know, the ABS and VSC systems are linked. The first thing you should do is retrieve any error codes that might be stored in the on-boad compputer module. Those error codes will tell us which circuits are affected, which will give us direction as to what's wrong with the system.

To retrieve codes from the ABS/VSC system, jumper terminals 4 and 13 of the DLC as shown in attached graphic 1. Then, turn the ignition on and read the codes by counting the flashes of the ABS light in the dash as described in attached graphic 2.

Please let me know as soon as you have the code number(s) so we can continue.

Best Regards.

I don't know anything about cars and I can't figure out how this happened. The alarm went off accidentally and all of a sudden there is something a break malfunction. I cant depress the break at all its to hard and stiff. I guess I just have to have it towed to the dealer and have them take a look at it