Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have 2011 Lexus GX460. The door ajar light on the dash…

Customer Question
I have 2011 Lexus GX460...
I have 2011 Lexus GX460. The door ajar light on the dash stays on, all interior lights stay on and it chimes constantly when I drive. Have tried replacing the door sensores on all doors. That did nothing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
1/26/2016
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If the ajar switches have been replaced then the issue is going to be a short to ground on one of the circuits, possibly an issue in the body controller, or a door isn't closing properly.

Check all doors to make sure there are no adjustment issues and they are closing fully. I've had cases where a door appeared to be closing fully but due to misadjustment it was only on the secondary latch rather than fully closed. You can try to push in on each door one at a time and see if the lights go off.

If door and striker adjustment doesn't seem to be an issue then odds are you have a short to ground on one of the ajar circuits between the door and BCM. The next step would be to test each circuit for a short to ground with the switches unplugged and then concentrate on the affected circuit.