Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a 2003 Lexus es300. I just replaced the battery, now

Customer Question
Customer: I have a 2003...
Customer: I have a 2003 Lexus es300. I just replaced the battery, now when the engine gets warm and i shift for parking, it stalls and won't stay running.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The rpms won't stay steady and yhe computer is not showing any codes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/24/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Can you clean the throttle body and MAF sensor. Then disconnect both battery cables and hold them together for one minute. Then reconnect and start the engine. Let it idle for 2 minutes, then rev it to 2000 rpms for 10 seconds, then do the idle and rev steps once again. This should program the idle strategy. Then select each gear stopping in each for 5 seconds minimum, hitting each gear RND 5 times. This should program the engagement strategy. Let me know the results then.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician