Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Just replaced the battery in rx350 and when we connect the…

Customer Question
***** *****. just replaced...

***** *****. just replaced the battery in rx350 and when we connect the leads, the alarm goes off and wont stop. help!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We have to disconnect one of the leads in order for the horn to stop.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
1/20/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

If this is not an aftermarket alarm. You should be able to connect the battery, unlock the doors with the remote fob, then insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the run position and the alarm should go off and allow starting.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you do not see the rating scale, or are new and confused, let me know.

I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

It is a push start, so I cannot insert a key to start.

Using the fob to unlock the door and placing the fob in the access hole in the car then pressing start should stop the alarm.

That still didn't work.

Is there any kind of aftermarket electronic on the vehicle. If not then we most likely are going to need a scan tool to diagnose this. What year model is the vehicle so I can double check.

No aftermarket electronics. It is a 2011 Lexus rx350
2011 Lexus rx350.

I see no other steps to try without a scan tool. I will opt out.