lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have a 2009 Lexus es350. I have a vibration/shuddering

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Lexus es350. I have a vibration/shuddering under moderate acceleration most notably under a load or going uphill. Thought it was an axel so had those replaced. still the same. Had tranny checked. all is good. switched tires but never thought it was that. told it was motor mounts so only did front and back. they were fairly inexpensive to change. to no avail. Thinking about changing the right and left one but very expensive. that is the only thing i can think left to do. YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE!
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/lexus/41j1c-lexus-gx460-suv-9000km-around-5000km.html#ixzz3xSl0QeYC
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Engine mounts are absolutely critical to isolate the engine vibrations. When they get weak, or wear out, they collapse. This allows no resilience or isolation form the engine to the front sub-frame assembly. If you only replaced half of the mounts, you most assuredly need to replace the ones that were not replaced.