lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Ernie I have a 2004RX330 and the ac htr.temperature seem to

Customer Question

Customer: Ernie Ward I have a 2004RX330 and the ac htr.temperature seem to vary all the time I set it at 85 and it blew cool air. I just can't seem to hold the temperature at a given level.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ac htr just doesn't hold a constant temperature
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This may be something that I am very familiar with. Please advise if the temperature knob feels loose. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no temperature knob you just push on a toggle switch

ok, Automatic air. This sounds like the circuit board for the toggle has a loose connection at the main control printed circuit board. The factory recommendation is replace the panel. A good electronics tech can resolder the broken wire if that is the problem This would be advised before replacement of the control unit, as it is over 800 dollars.