John Bryant
John Bryant,
Experience:  Owner & class A mechanic at Excel Tech Mobile Repair Corp.
60169151

2001 es300 PO770 - car shifts ok in nrmal driving, but wont

Customer Question

Customer: 2001 es300 PO770 - car shifts ok in nrmal driving, but wont hold a hill in Drive, and takes a while to drop into Drive after I shift. Solenoid?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Actually the fee would be the first thing wouldnt it? How do I know I am getting real Lexus experts and not the guy at the gas station down the street?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  John Bryant replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** for posting your question to Just Answer. I am an ASE Certified Auto Technician with 45 years of real world experience in dealerships and the aftermarket. I was the owner of a facility for 20 of those years. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution. I will also make every effort to give all of the information you may need with the expectation you will give me a positive rating. Please be aware that I am usually working with a few people at a time so it may take a few minutes to respond.

If you are having a problem accelerating up hill the clutch packs are failing and the transmission will require a rebuild. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.