Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a 2007 Lexus GS450h. I'm trying to silence the Lexus

Customer Question
I have a 2007 Lexus...
I have a 2007 Lexus GS450h. I'm trying to silence the Lexus Link error voice. I removed the console and replaced it with a sunglasses holder, however, the error voice is there. Lexus dealer unplugged the white femaie plug, but that cancelled the microphone and I use that for cell calls.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
12/24/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Why not just get the problem repaired that is causing the link error voice?

I will need the vin number to pull the schematics for this, but if memory serves, the microphone and speaker for the error voice share same circuitry and cannot be uncoupled. But I will check once you post the vin number

Thanks Eric, no problem. VIN is JTHBC96S075011279. Boy, what a bummer if they indeed share the same circuitry. I know they're both on the large white plug, but wondering if there's any wires I could cut to get rid of the voice, etc. Thanks.

HI,

Ok, here is the problem I see after studying the schematics. The sound signal for the Link error voice is on the same sound signal wires as the audio output wires for hearing the phone calls when using the hands free system for making phone calls. We can clip the wires for this to eliminate the Link error voice on start up but you lose hearing phone conversation as well, which is as bad as losing the microphone.

So unfortunately they are indelibly linked and no way to uncouple without losing the phone hands free system for phone calls.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Thanks Eric. Wonder if there's a way to trick the system into thinking it's still plugged in. I still have the old console with Lexus link buttons and wiring. I guess it needs to read a complete circuit before the voice stops?
One last thing. The voice seems to come from a right side speaker I'm not sure it's tied to my sound system. I wonder if I could just unplug that speaker. When I'm on calls voices come from the speaker near the steering wheel.

HI,

Correct in that it needs a complete circuit.

That right speaker is part of the audio sound system so it could be unplugged without affecting the hands free system

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager