scionking
scionking, MASTER CERTIFIED
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I started out getting p1133 code, and now I'm getting 3

Customer Question

Hello I started out getting p1133 code, and now I'm getting 3 codes P1133, P1153 & P1354- (1999 RX300) I changed the o\02 sensor already bank1 sensor 1- But the code came back- The car is not idling properly, it seems that the power fluctuates while driving and periodically the breaks are hard to push. need help. Thanks.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Did you change Bank 1 Sensor 1 after the P1133 Code appeared?

And after the replacement now you are getting the three codes?

Want as the brand of the sensor installed on bank 1?

I would think that the P1354 may be causing the others two to set event though P1354 relates to Bank 2 OCV and P1133 is for Bank1 a/f sensor.

Also when was the timing belt last replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased the sensor online I believe it's the Denco as for the timing belt, I Guess about eight years ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Also purchased an (Ocv) after reading a few forums but did not install yet
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

OK Denso Sensor is good so you you probably will not have any issue with that.

So the fact that you replaced Bank 1 Sensor 1, and still got a P1133 is a little odd but, it is not impossible that the OCV on bank 2 is not causing this.

Since you already purchased the OCV I would recommend replacing it before proceeding any further, as this may be your root cause to all the codes.

When changing the OCV check for any debris that may be stuck in it( also check for any sludge build up, this is also a common cause of OCV problems on the older RX's).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I'll follow up after
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you, I wanted to see if the OCV solved your issue? If you still need assistance please respond here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed to Ocv, and that code went away and now the vent code is popping up p420, p426...I'm looking at the sensor for the vent below the gas tank....Thanks..not too sure about the catalytic converter but I need to get it registered