lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have a 2002 Lexus SC. I left my trunk open by mistake and

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Lexus SC. I left my trunk open by mistake and ran my battery down. I attempted to jump the car off and it would not crank. Also I noticed that the interior dash lights were not on while I was trying to crank the car. I suspect that a fuse for the interior dash lights and the cranking was blown during the jumping process.
How to I go about checking the electrical system for this problem? Should I just have the car towed to the shop or is it possible for me to locate and repair the problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help. Does anything work, headlights? or brake lights? or is all electrical power off in the vehicle? If nothing works, trying jumping it again with good jumper cables, leave the parking lights on, and shake the jumper cables on both batteries and watch the parking lights , if the parking lights come on and stay on, you'll know the connection is good and at that time attempt starting the vehicle with the jumper vehicle's engine running. Let me know what you find there. thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of the lights work except for the dash lights. I got the daslights to work after I found one blown fuse. However it still would not crank. I located two additional blown fuses and replaced them. It still would not crank. I suspect that there might be a. In line fuse blown. I have had the car towed to the shop since there are obviously multiple fuses that need replacing. Thanks for you help. No further assistance needed
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, thank you.