Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Check engine light is on, VSC flashing off, and no slip

Customer Question

check engine light is on, VSC flashing off, and no slip flashing?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I do not think you have any fuse issues. If the check engine light is on, that indicates that you have a problem with something in either the engine electrical system or the emission control system. Traditionally, when the check engine light comes on, it also causes the VSC and the SLip indicator to illuminate also. SInce the other lights are flashing, you may have two different issues at the same time. To speculate on the actual cause of the issue would be guessing, The proper way to determine the issue would be to take the vehicle to a shop where a technician can scan the car with a computer test-box. This will extract important information as to why the lights are illuminated. A lot of auto parts stors (Pe Boys/NAPA/Autozone, etc) perform this service for free (so they can sell you th eparts you need). That would be the recommendation I have for you on thsi request. Once you have the causes for the lights coming on known, it will be very easy to determine the next steps and possible replacement of a failed part. One thing that can and will cause these lights to come on (and there is nothing wrong with the vehicle) is a fuel filler cap that is not as tight as you can make it. There is a sensor that measures the pressure of the gasoline vapor in the tank. If the cap is loose, even just a tiny bit, there will be no pressure in the tank and the sensor that measures this will turn on the lights.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer