Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Have a 2010 lexus hs 250 that will not move backware or

Customer Question
foward . feels like...
have a 2010 lexus hs 250 that will not move backware or foward . feels like the car car is locked up. help never had this problem brfore as i brought thr car new
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
11/27/2015
Lexus Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 1 year ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the shift indicator is showing that the vehicle is in drive and reverse when the shifter is moved? Is the check engine light coming on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the car shifter is going into gear.the car tries to move but seem like the wheels are locked.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
act as though you are holding the breaks.

Thank you. It is possible that this is a transmission issue as I have seen the internal bands break and cause this. Most of the time though this is a braking issue. If the parking brake is not releasing or if there is contamination in the braking system then this will occur. You need to get the vehicle in the air and check to see if the wheel move freely by hand. If not then there is a brake issue. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i finally got the vehicle to move. had to give it lots of gas paddle then the back wheels start sliding , something popped then the vehicle start to move freely, all is well now,but still concern that it might happen again on my wife someplace. still need to know what caused the problem and what I can do to fix it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried to move it by pushing , it would not move..when it was locked

It sounds like the parking brake assembly was locked. Do you use it when you park the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do use the parking brake sometimes,but this time the brakes were not on

It will be hard to verify what is causing this without it ccurring while you are checking it. You need to jack the vehicle up and see which wheels are binding up. From what you are explaining though it sounds like the parking brake was engaged.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no ck. engine light on. I am afraid to drive it to the dealer as it"s about 90 miles away. might lock up while driving

It does not sound to me like an issue that will occur while you are driving. I have never had that happen on this model. This appears to be something that will occur as the vehicle sits.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician