Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a 2004 Lexus 470. Yesterday the key would not enter

Customer Question
Hi. I have a 2004...
Hi. I have a 2004 Lexus 470. Yesterday the key would not enter the driver's door all of the way. I can unlock all doors from the back tailgate. How do I fix this problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2015
Lexus Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

have you tried any lubricant in the key slot?

No.
It locks from inside without any problem

the lock cylinder is likely seized .you can try to lubricate it but it will likely require replacement..

you want me to try that I was afraid of that. Ok. Thank you

That's the steps you will need to take.......................

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy