Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

No the alarm doesn't go anymore nor does it light up

Customer Question

Hello sir , no the alarm doesn't go anymore nor does it light up neither too the battery is brand new also the heads that connect to the battery are new as well
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, we are going to need to check for power to and out of the ignition switch. You will need a voltmeter and I need to know if yours has the ignition in the steering column or on the dash

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ignition is in the steering column
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, at the ignition switch you should have a large white with red striped wire. Check for 12v on it. This sends power to the switch. If no power, we will need to back trace that wire. IF 12v is present, then check for 12v on the black with blue striped wire with key in cranking position and 12v on the black with orange wire with key in on position

If power missing from either of these, replace the switch.

You will need to remove the lower trim pads below the steering column and steering column covers to reach the switch, which is connected to the ignition cylinder that the key goes into

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mr,Eric ,sir am waiting to get the meter to test the wires you inform me about , it should be today and i will let you know what happened ok
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr , Eric , good after noon sir , am working on the car nowYear: 94'
Model: Gs300
Engine: 2jz-gehttp://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/c59aLTzD/image.jpg