Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have 205,000 miles on a 1999 Lexus RX300. Both of my

Customer Question

I have 205,000 miles on a 1999 Lexus RX300. Both of my remotes have worked fine in opening the doors, but all of a sudden both stopped working. I change the battery on one - and still does not work. When I insert the key in the door and turn it, all the doors open. I checked all the fuses all all appear fine. Any idea what is happening?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the key less entry recevier itself keeping the vehicle from locking and unlocking with the remotes.Usually when both remotes fail to operate like this at the same time this is usually what needs replaced.This will have to be tested further using a compatible scan tool and electrical test equipment to verify this before replacement.It will also need programmed to allow the remotes to work with it once it has been replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.