Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Inserted a nav dvd update lexus 2007 gx470 screem says no

Customer Question

inserted a nav dvd update lexus 2007 gx470 screem says no dvd also cannot eject
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try and reset the nav/dvd drive by removing the fuse for it for about 5 minutes with the key off then reinsert the fuse and see if it then allows you to eject the dvd or if it recognizes it.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried your suggestion before without any results. This have been suggested before outthere However will try again and wait at 5 minutes but from a common sense of view why in the world this could make a difference
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This will allow the radio and nav unit as well as all other electronics to fully power down and their capacitors to discharge when you wait this long and may reset it to where it will work again properly.If this does not work let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried you suggestions but same results ,the screem still say no dvd please insert. Then I tried to eject the dvd but will not reject. The question remains the same the system says no dvd but will not eject so can go back to my old version.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,this is due to an internal fault with the dvd drive and electronics that control and operate the dvd drive itself.I have seen these fail suddenly and cause this here.Since the reset that was done here that you tried by removing the fuse did not work this leads me to believe this is a fault with the dvd drive itself with it needing removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.

Thanks Pete