Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

I had to change the car battery in my 1991 LS400.

Customer Question

I had to change the car battery in my 1991 LS400. Unfortunately that seemed to have separate the connection between my car and my key remote. (I can no longer lock the car with the remote feature of my key.) I found a couple sources online with the keyless remote programming protocol, but they were all from different year models. (All involved opening the car door, locking and unlocking in 5 minutes, and such stuff)
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

FOB programming requires a dealer scan tool and unless you have access to one unfortunately you are going to need to have this done by your dealer.