sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I just replaced the ABS/Trac Control relay in my 98 ES300.

Customer Question

Hi--I just replaced the ABS/Trac Control relay in my 98 ES300. Trac Off and ABS light still flashing. Is there a reset procedure?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There isn't anything that would need to be reset after replacing the relay. You can try a battery disconnect or clearing codes with a scan tool, but if the lights are on or flashing it's because there is a current problem. If the lights are still flashing then I don't believe replacing the relay repaired the problem.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting in the ABS module. Do you know what codes are setting?