Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

My 2008 Lexus 400h hybrid won't start. They key turns, and

Customer Question
My 2008 Lexus 400h hybrid...
My 2008 Lexus 400h hybrid won't start. They key turns, and electrical things work like the back lift gate and I hear the a/c blowing, but car won't turn on, and screen doesn't come on. I tried jumping it but that didn't start it. So I don't think its the 12V battery. For a week or so I had to turn the key twice and hold it to get it to turn on. But now nothing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
9/7/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the 12 volt battery tested as well as the connections to the battery checked for being loose,corroded or damaged in any way.If a fault is found with the battery or cables this will need resolved to correct this here.If these are all checked and found o.k. I would have the electronic ignition switch tested as there is a chance this switch is the cause needing replaced as I have seen it fail before as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Pete, Technician