Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a 03 lexus is300. The jumper got hooked up backwards

Customer Question
and it blew tons of...
I have a 03 lexus is300. The jumper got hooked up backwards and it blew tons of fuses. I replaced all of the bad fuses and the main 120a at fuse. I have checked for power with a meter at all of the fuses in all 3 fuse boxes. All fuses are working now. The vehicle accessories are functioning correctly and the engine will crank with the starter but not fire. I need to know what my next step is. Is it likely the ecm got fried? And if I got a new one will it need to be programmed by the dealer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/3/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Greg, Import tech replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, Import tech

This is very possible that the ECM got hit bad if you had to replace a lot of fuses and the 120 ,

See if you can hook up a diagnostic scan tool to the car and check for malfunction codes .

Is the check engine light coming on when you switch on the ignition and go out when cranking .

Check the connections on the engine wiring harness ,

If you can not communicate with the ECM and all wiring harness are good and all fuses are good then if a new ECM is needed you will have to reprogram the new one to the system.

Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg

the light is on and I am getting a p0351.
Any ideas where to check the harness? I seem to have power everywhere.
Greg
Greg
Greg, Import tech