Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a crank, no start issue on a 95 sc400

Customer Question

Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would have a compression test done on all cylinders.If more then one cylinder has low compression or is uneven with the rest this can sometimes indicate a timing fault like a worn timing belt needing replaced.This can cause a crank no start.If this is checked and found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The timing belt was done year and a half ago, approximately 5000km driven since then. I have noticed that the fuel pump tends to not come on when ignition is on. However, the pump is very new and does not have any mileage on it.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked to see if there is any power or ground connection issues to the fuel pump at all?In some cases this can be caused by an electrical connection fault to the fuel pump.If this is found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I jumpered the fuel pump at the pump ecu and the pump came alive with ignition on. checked all connections are good
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

When you did this did the engine start and run then at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car still does the same thing