Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus rx300: 2000 rx300 ac problems. refrigerant level is…

Customer Question
2000 rx300 ac problems....
2000 rx300 ac problems. refrigerant level is ok, mag clutch relay tested ok. diagnostic code 11... cabin temp circuit? would that really cause the compressor to stop? when i press ac button, compressor kicks on momentarily, then stops
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Lexus
7/10/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Victor, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Victor
Victor, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,
The panel that's located below the steering column has a small couple of slits cut into the panel in the right side. That's where the in car temp sensor is. Could you check for me if the electrical connector or if the tube is connected to the panel?
Yes. It appears that it's connected. I did another diagnostic (pressing the auto recirculate buttons) and it added code 22 which is the "Compressor Lock Sensor Circuit". Is there a way to reset this? Where is it located?
Did you get my reply? Yes it's connected. Now I'm getting error 22 - compressor lock sensor circuit. is the sensor inside the compressor?
Yes the lock out circuit is built into the compressor. You could have a bad sensor or a bad compressor. Do you own a volt/ohm meter? If you do, I can send over some testing instructions.
Yes. My dad is an electrician so I'm pretty good with a meter