Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus lx4770: I have a 2002 lexus LX470, I have an intermitted

Customer Question

I have a 2002 lexus LX470, I have an intermitted start problem. when I put the key in the ignition I usually see the check engine light and oil temp light. car won't start. I also notice the security light still blinking. after about 30 min the start starts.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a security component is disabling the starting of the vehicle.This can be due to an issue with the key itself needing replaced or an issue with one of the sensors reading the key causing this.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done the codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair the cause here.
Thanks Pete