Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus SC430: how do you know if you need to replace the air…

Customer Question
how do you know if...
how do you know if you need to replace the air door actuator or the evaporator coil in lexus 2003 sc430?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Lexus
7/3/2015
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
A failed actuator on the heater box will usually cause a complete loss of whatever door it controls. The blend door actuator would prevent you from controlling temperature, mode door would prevent you from changing modes.
An evaporator would need to be replaced if it is leaking refrigerant. Once in a great while in an extremely uncommon case an evaporator can leak internally and cause a temperature difference between sides.
What symptoms are you having?