Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus rx 300: . what would cause my lexus rx 300 to not

Customer Question
hi. what would cause...
hi. what would cause my lexus rx 300 to not go when accelerator is pressed, then suddenly take off like a shot?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Lexus
6/30/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 3 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds very much like the throttle plate inside your throttle body is covered with carbon buildup. When this happens, the throttle plaste does not move as fast as you would like. The throttle plate is what moves when the gas pedal is depressed. The recommendation here would be to go and get this vehicle's throttle body and throttle plate cleaned up. Once that is done, your acceleration should go back to normal.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. If you are satisfied with my input, please award a positive rating. I would greatly appreciate your generosity