Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2005 Lexus LS430 with 3 Smart Keys. It rained

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Lexus LS430 with 3 Smart Keys. It rained heavily this past Saturday and the key was working fine the day it was raining. The following day I tried to get into the car using the smart key by simply touching the door (same way I've always been
using) but it did not unlock. Now this has happened to me before because the battery on the smart key was low. I thought it was dead so I quickly replaced the battery and tried it again but it did not work. I also tried all three keys and the lock unlock plus
the trunk release will not open using the smart keys. I looked online to see what the problem could be and I saw that there is a button underneath the driver's side dash that locks and unlocks the smart key option. I tried it a couple of times but my key is
still not working. I do see that there is a yellow light underneath the dash and I dont know if that means anything. Also the key seems to be recognized inside the car because the green light flashes when Im in the car but my key is not detected unless I stick
the key in the ignition. I was able to turn the car on before with the keys in my pocket. Now all I get is the key is not detected.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like the theft warning ecu has failed internally electronically.This monitors and controls the keyless operations.Since this is occurring with all keys the keys are not the issue and most likely this ecu needs replaced.
I would have the fault codes checked with a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle that will read all computers to see what codes are setting and then from there those codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair the cause here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received a code B2211 which the malfunction is stating Door Closer & Double Locking Motor Malfunction Driver Door. Tech claimed it was a Driver Door ECU. I replaced the part with a new one and it still does not work. Not sure how else to look at it.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Did you check the wiring to the ecu to make sure all wiring is o.k.?
Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wiring was ok is there anything else to check to make sure that that's the problem could it be the fuse. Tech is saying that I replaced a door actuator with a used part 6 months ago that could be the problem but it was working perfectly fine before it started acting up. What else could I do? Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
One way you can check to see if this is an issue with the door actuator itself is to disconnect it to see if the fault continues.If it doesnt continue with it disconnected then the actuator is the cause needing replaced.
Thanks Pete