Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus: I have a P1444 code secondary air injection switching…

Customer Question
I have a P1444 code...
I have a P1444 code secondary air injection switching valve no. 2 bank2 stuck open. Do I need to get my Lexus gx470 to repair shop ASAP? What happens if I have to drive it for another day or so before getting it to a mechanic?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Lexus
6/18/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 3 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
As long as the vehicle is running OK, it would be alright to drive it a day or two. If it is running ok, then the computer has noticed an improper response form the valve )most likely sticking or slow to respond). If it starts running bad, it will go into what we call 'limp' mode and your power and acceleration will be heavily compromised.
The recommendation I have for you on this request is yes, you should be able to drive it provided it is running OK. I would still get it looked at as soon as you can so you avoid the impending limp mode issue when the valve no longer functions properly
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.
Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer