Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Lexus: Hey!I have a gulf spec 2007-08 LS460.The abs pump

Customer Question
Hey! I have a gulf spec...
Hey!
I have a gulf spec 2007-08 LS460.
The abs pump had stopped working. The two 50amp fuses were blown, replaced them and the relay but no luck. Checked around the electricals, concluded that the pump was getting current. So concluded that i need a new abs pump and actuator.
I start the car to move to a different spot and there are two new problems!!
The power steering doesnt work. It gives me a red steering wheel warning light and power steering system warning.
Also, when i try to put it in gear, Reverse or Drive, the car jerks very heavily.
I checked all of the fuses and they are all fine.
Please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Hey!
I nerd an urgent response if you may.
5/27/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka - Moose)
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hey Chris!
Yes I do need help urgently.
I was able to get a code - U0131- Lost communication with steering control module.
Where do i begin looking? The location for the steering control module? Im hoping i dont need a new steering ecu, that would really set me back.What is really disturbing me is the extremely heavy jerk when putting the car in gear! The idle is fine.
Please respond asap.
Hi
The first thing to address is the known failure of the ABS motor. Once it is addressed then you can complete the diag. The ABS failure can disrupt the module communication circuit causing other modules to not communicate with each other correctly.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician