sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a GX470...had been working fine. Turned off car, got

Customer Question

I have a GX470...had been working fine. Turned off car, got out and back in, drivers door would not not close. Complete latch failure and inner handle will not work, Door lock will not work on door either. No problems with any of the other doors.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think I have a fuse for the door. Window works fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Depending on the actual symptoms you may need a latch or it could be a handle or linkage issue. If the inside or outside handle linkage is still in the release position then the door will close but the latch pawl won't lock around the striker. It would close normally but not stay closed.
If the handles both returned to their normal position and there is either no resistance or the handles won't move then most likely the issue is with the latch.
Either way the door panel is going to need to be removed to inspect the linkage. If the linkage and both handles are ok then the latch will need to be replaced.