Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Lexus LX470: My 2002 lexus lx 470 my key is not being re ognized

Customer Question
My 2002 lexus lx 470...
My 2002 lexus lx 470 my key is not being re ognized by immobilizer putting scan in obd port says it won't communicate can my ecu just be reflashed? Or is it another issue
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
5/20/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the scan tool being used is one that is able to communicate with your vehicle in the past but isn't communicating now with the fault here this can be caused by a blown fuse and the fuses all need checked to see if any are at fault needing replaced.If the fuses are all o.k. this can be one of the computers in your vehicle that is shorting out the data circuits causing the no communication and the immobilizer issue here.This will need to be checked into/tested further to pinpoint the cause and then from there repaired.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician