Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a 2013 lexus rx, when the engine turns off the steering

Customer Question
wheel moves up to let...
I have a 2013 lexus rx, when the engine turns off the steering wheel moves up to let the driver out. When I start the car, the steering wheel returns to a driving position and makes a rubbing sound.. any ideas how to fix?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
5/20/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
You will need to inspect the steering column and its components for anything damaged or loose causing the rubbing sound causing this issue here.This sounds like a component is out of place or warped possibly and is causing this fault.This may also be the steering tilt motor itself being weak as it may operate properly one way but the other it makes noise as I have had to replace some of the tilt motors in the past before for issues.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician