Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lexus Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2006 lexus IS250, and Im being told the right rear

Customer Question

I have a 2006 lexus IS250, and Im being told the right rear axel has to be replaced and the cost is 1700.00 does that sound right and who can do the work other than this dealer?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.
My apologies for the delay... I was tied up with another customer...
The right rear axle sells for around $880 and the Labor Time Guide calls for 1.7 hours to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can by anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. Keep in mind, the price of the axle is Dealer-suggested price. If you have a non-Dealer shop do the job, the part price and labor rate are usually much lower, saving you money. There are many non-Dealer shops that can handle this job, without any problems. Axle Shaft replacement is fairly common as most vehicles use a very similar setup. Please remember to do the right thing and leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A! You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. If you cannot rate or accept, please reply and let me know!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!

I noticed this question was still open, so I thought I'd check in and see how you made out. Did the information I provided help you out? Was it informative and helpful? Did you have any other questions on this issue? Your satisfaction is very important to me! Please reply and let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Thanks!
-Ron Z