Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Gx470: Dan, I have Lexus gx470 and the brake lights aren't

Customer Question
Dan, I have Lexus gx470...
Dan, I have Lexus gx470 and the brake lights aren't working...the vehicle will not come out of park without override and I have abs, vsc lights on! I have replaced the brake light switch and a trailer brake fuse that was blown and still no luck. Help me please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
5/7/2015
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Chris,

I ran a scan yesterday and it came up with c1246 which is a master cylinder pressure sensor malfunction. Is that something I can replace?

Hi

Yes you can replace this part at home, but you will need to take the vehicle to a dealer to have the system calibrated after the repair been made. This repair takes under an hour.

-

It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician