Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician qualified to work on all makes and models.
3827149

Lexus rx330: hello i just aquired a 04 rx330 with 114,000 miles

hello i just aquired a 04 rx330 with 114,000 miles on it ands have a couple issues with it..main one is CEL and anti skid and such light are on..codes i get are p0420 and p0430.. is this normal for both cats to go below eff at once.. i know the was some kind of recall or service for cats on 04,s not sure if this one has ever been done..mine is an early 04 production..05/03..any ideas or suggestions to look for ..thanks
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.There is an ECM Update for this issue and this should be done first and can very well fix this problem.If after the update is done I have seen these cats both fail at the same time and cause this issue and if thats the case they will need to be replaced.These are the next steps.Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is there a way to find out if this was done also i found a recall or to that effect about cats on early 04 rx330

Yes just call the dealer with the vin number and they will tell you if it was done and if there are any open recalls that will be done at no charge to you .Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you have tsb or such for the ecm update?

Not of hand but there is an ECM update for this issue Im sure.