Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I replaced my key fob battery for my Lexus GS 350 (2007).

The fob unlocks the doors...
I replaced my key fob battery for my Lexus GS 350 (2007). The fob unlocks the doors when I press unlock, but no longer when I just grip the door handle. How do I relink them?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2012
Lexus Mechanic: lexpert, Lexus Master tech replied 9 years ago
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Thank you for posting! If you need more assistance please REPLY otherwise less then perfect feedback from you means I don't get paid.
Does you other key do the same thing?

I believe that the other key works fine, but I have to check.

Please check that for me so that I can have some further insight. Thanks.

I just responded, but do not see my response. Did you get my problem solved reply?

No sir I did not

I'll try again: The other key works normally. However, the key in question now works properly. I don't get it. I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that there was a way to link the key by holding down one of the buttons (lock or unlock) and pressing the set button on the door, but I don't know the sequence or duration. If you remember anything like this, please let me know in case the problem recurrs. Otherwise, problem solved. Thank you for your help.

Hello again. When the cars battery is dead or replaced it has to recognize the keys again. Simply pushing the lock then unlock button on the key with all doors closed to cycle the locks and then starting the engine with ththat key reinitializes it.
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech