marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly 18 yrs exp/licensed adjuster
17579256

Lexus GS300: 2006 Lexus GS 300: A pen dropped into the crack/opening

2006 Lexus GS 300: A pen dropped into the crack/opening created when I opened the "disappearing" lid/cover over the twin cup-holder area in the console; now, though the cover still closes, it won't open completely and the cup-holders can't be used. I will appreciate any suggestions you may have to retrieve the pen! Thank you!! Elizabeth in Naples

marcpod :

Hi I am here to help you honestly and with the utmost integrity.I may ask you questions back to minimize bad information. We need to check process. The cup holder is in the center console correct? betwen the 2 seats

marcpod :

Elizabeth i would just stop into a auto body shop that cover will pop up and out to get that pen out of there ,, Thye may not even charge your for it! Here is what the cover looks like.

Customer:

Yes, cup-holder is in console between front seats.

marcpod :

they may not even charge you for a 15 minute job

marcpod :

the shift gear head can be reomved like a bolt turning it to the left

Customer:

Glad I trusted my intuition and left it alone... I'll take it to Lexus dealership as I don't know of body shop in Naples...I'll ask what they'd charge and go from there. Thank you, Marpod!