LexusPro
LexusPro, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Lexus Master Certified, 11 yrs w/ Lexus Dealership, Elite of Lexus 2000-2011, 17yrs Auto Industry
48590959

Lexus ES350 I have a 2007 lexus es 350 the check vsc, car

Customer Question

I have a 2007 lexus es 350 the check vsc, car squiggly lines and check engine light came on again only one day after having it in the dealership for two weeks. Could the problem actually be bad gas. They changed a bunch of gaskets and other stuff all under warranty. I also had my brakes done because they thought that could have been the contributing to the problem plus I needed them. When coming to a stop light or sitting in my driveway waiting for m garage to go up the car rocks from side to side. In park or driving its fine. Has anyone worked on a car with these problems and know what it could be? I thought that my car had fuel filtering systems that would catch any contaminants in bad gas.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  LexusPro replied 5 years ago.

LexusPro :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will be back with you in just a second.

LexusPro :

If the check engine, trac, and vsc lights are on there will be some trouble codes stored in the ecm. It is possible that there is a loose connection or connectors during the repair. What kind of repairs did they perform at the dealer?

JACUSTOMER-szxahfv5- :

I put it in the shop for the same problem. the check vsc, rocking and etc. They had worked on it for two weeks thats why I was surprised when the light came on the very next day that I got it back. The only thing I can think of is the day before I filled up the tam

JACUSTOMER-szxahfv5- :

tank with premium and my dad says that I still could had received bad gas

LexusPro :

The first place to start is to have it checked for codes. Most autopart stores will check it for free(like Autozone). If you can get me the codes I can look them over for you. Doing that will help with the diagnostic process and give you some ammunition when you take it back to the dealer. When they check it tell them not to clear the codes, just check it.

JACUSTOMER-szxahfv5- :

its back in the dealership already. I was just wondering if this was something that someone might have encountered before and had any thoughts on the cause. I googled it and a few people wit the same exact problem said that it was bad gas and someone else said they had to get the fifth coil replaced.

LexusPro :

Ignition coils are a common problem on that model. If they had the valve covers off replacing gaskets it may have some VVt problems. It is hard to say exactly with out knowing what codes are stored. The check enging light can come on for many diffrent reasons. Most times with bad gas it will cause a misfire and the check engine light will flash.