lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Lexus ES330 VSC light on

VSC light on as well as the check engin and Trac off lights

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

Do you have access to a scan tool or a auto parts store near by that does free code checks? I really need codes first here....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No unfortunate there is no code yet. will take it to Lexus to get the code. what are the possiblities for the VSC light to come on

The vsc system shuts down as a "failsafe" whenever the check engine light comes on. In other words the check engine light is the issue here not the vsc, the vsc is only disabled because the check engine light came on.

I would check carefully to be sure that the gas cap is properly secured as this is the most common reason for these failure lights to come on. If you want you could retighten the gas cap and then disconnect the cars battery to reset the computer and these lights, but if it comes back on then it will have to have a code scan to see what sensor is detecting a malfunction.