Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

My lexus es300 2003 it wont start .and the battery is brand new

8/23/2010
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Are there any dash lights? Does it crank over and not start?
The battery seems fine..but it does not crank.....last night the same happened, but today in the afteenoon it started fine..and now it wont start.
Ok so you have dash lights correct ? Will it start in neutral? Are the battery terminals secure and do not move on the battery?
The dash ligths r fine but it wont start on neutlral.and i did clean the the terminal of the baterry even like that .is not working
Ok try this for me . Disconnect both terminals off the battery . Then turn ignition on where the radio would work . Reconnect battery terminals and see if it starts . If not it sounds like a starter issue or possibly ignition switch but starter is more common. Also the battery was not hooked up backwards correct? If the dash lights dim and there is a clicking the new battery can be bad. Let me know if it starts.
Still nothin happened...
Ok then as long as the new battery is good and it was not hooked up backwards and all fuses are good then the issue is most likely a shorted starter.This will need to be tested next and most likely replaced. The other common issue could be a faulty ignition switch but not that common. These need to be checked next. Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Thank for all your help .i will try it that order .
No problem . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician