Lexus

Connect one-on-one with a verified lexus mechanic who will answer your question

lexpert
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech

More related answers
All lexus mechanics are VERIFIED
My check engine and track off light came on about 5 weeks
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh, lexus mechanic
My check engine and track off light came on about 5 weeks ago and it coded Knock sensor but seems to be running fine. I changed the air filter and the check light went off, but it came bank on after a… read more
The abs and VSC engage briefly when changing lanes or
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
The abs and VSC engage briefly when changing lanes or decelerating. … read more
Loss of acceleration on hills and wont accelerate past 45 on
Ron, Automotive Tech
loss of acceleration on hills and wont accelerate past 45 on ramps … read more
I have a 1999 TX 300 and got a knock sensor code and this
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
I have a 1999 TX 300 and got a knock sensor code and this morning it was sluggish going through the light like I had it to the floor and acceleration and power was non existent for a few minutes then … read more
If you can figure this one out, you are indeed master
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
Hello, If you can figure this one out, you are indeed master mechanics. I own a 2002 Lexus RX 300 with 320,000 miles. The code of 325 indicated the knock sensors was detecting a knock. Briefly, I chan… read more
My 02 rx300 intermittently runs inefficiently, bucks, seems
Matt, Engineer
My 02 rx300 intermittently runs inefficiently, bucks, seems to nearly stall, runs at high rpm and gets only one third of the usual gas mileage. This has been happening off and on for 3-4 years. It wil… read more
Lexus RX300: I have a 2002 RX300 and the check engine light
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
I have a 2002 RX300 and the check engine light as well as the VSC light came on of course cutting out the overdrive. The code reader indicated both knock sensors front and rear bank were faulty. PO330… read more
Lexus ES300: I have a 2002 es300, had a used tranny put in
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
I have a 2002 es300, had a used tranny put in 3 months ago. Came to me with a no overdrive condition. Had knock sensor code. Replaced both sensors, and the sub harness. Now I have a p1760 code that wi… read more
Lexus RX300: 2001 Lexus RX300 with raw fuel smell at idle and
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
2001 Lexus RX300 with raw fuel smell at idle and after stopping. Two dealers and one mechanic and the problem still exists. First the mechanic and then the local Toyota dealer said there was nothing w… read more
Lexus RX300: Ok, we got the p0330 code. We have replaced the
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Ok, we got the p0330 code. We have replaced the knock sensors, twice! Check the wiring, seems ok. You can reset the code and it runs fine. Go about 5 miles and the CEL comes on again and it goes into … read more
Lexus ES300: changed knock sencors twice, lexus said I had
Boxer54
Boxer54, Line Technician
changed knock sencors twice, lexus said I had to use lexus parts, changed knock wire harness too and plugs, and o2 sencors on either side of engine block, also air filter. Now I'm back to aPo171 Bank … read more
2000 RX300: I drove the car for awhile..O2 sensor..Knocking..lean
LexusPro
LexusPro, Master Automotive Technician
My 2000 RX300 had a bad 02 sensor that was replaced and then caused a P0171 error. I drove the car for awhile with the CEL on and when I took it back in they put a new O2 sensor in but said I also had… read more
1999 lexus 300es. Car looses power. speeds up then slows down.
LexusPro
LexusPro, Master Automotive Technician
1999 lexus 300es. Car looses power. speeds up then slows down. Brakes get hard at times. Rpm's go crazy. I replaced plugs, fuel filter, bank 2 ocv. Now my codes are p1351 p1354 p1349 p1346 and p1135 p… read more
2002 Lexus RX300: check engine light..knock sensor..a couple of tanks
Eric, Retired
On my 2002 Lexus RX300, check engine light is on and diagnotics shows code PO325 as bad knock sensor. Cost to replace is high at $1,000. Dealer said try a couple of tanks of high test gas. Will it wor… read more
2000 RX300: intermittent problem..194,000 miles..randomly..high gear
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
I have a 2000 RX300 with an intermittent problem. It has 194,000 miles on it. It randomly will not shift into high gear . It always shifts the first time it goes thru the gears but with no pattern it … read more
1990 lexus rx300: the check engine light came..runs great..overdrive
HondaPlatinum
I have a 1990 lexus rx300 that wont shift into overdrive.The transmission has been replaced,theMAF sensor cleaned and all codes fixed.After 10 minutes of driving the check engine light came on and the… read more
2001 Lexus: slipping..high gear at cruising speeds..tranny..harness
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, own a 2001 Lexus RX300...the transmission is slipping out of high gear at cruising speeds...pull over, turn off engine,wait a few minutes, restart, and all is ok, until it reoccurs. Initially, the… read more
My Lexus Rx300 is showing code p1135 and p1155. the mechanic
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
My Lexus Rx300 is showing code p1135 and p1155. the mechanic is stumped as it suggests that it is an air sensor, but does not narrow down what to do next.… read more