Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

2006 gs300: i was told by the dealer to replace a headlight bulb..awd…

Customer Question
i was told by the...
i was told by the dealer to replace a headlight bulb on a 2006 gs300 awd is almost 400 dollars ! how can i do this myself and is this a sign of price hiking by the dealer .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lexus
6/28/2010
Lexus Mechanic: Lexus expert, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Lexus expert
Lexus expert, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.You can save yourself a lot of money by doing it yourself , it only takes about 1/2 hour to replace And here are the part numbers depending on which bulb you need

graphic

Lexus expert
Lexus expert, ASE Certified Technician
ok kool so how do i replace them is it a simple removal of the battery to get to it because the service mngr said they had to adjust the amplifier and all this crap to replace one bulb for my car

REMOVAL

HINT:

• Use the same procedures for the RH side and LH side.
  • The procedures listed below are for the LH side.
  1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL CAUTION: Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
  2. REMOVE COOL AIR INTAKE DUCT SEAL
  3. REMOVE ENGINE ROOM SIDE COVER
  4. REMOVE NO. 1 HEADLIGHT BACK COVER
  5. REMOVE HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLIGHT BULB

INSTALLATION

HINT:

1. INSTALL HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLIGHT BULB.
  2. INSTALL HEADLIGHT NO. 1 BACK COVER
  3. INSTALL ENGINE ROOM SIDE COVER
  4. INSTALL COOL AIR INTAKE DUCT SEAL
  5. CONNECT CABLE TO NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL