Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus: nav system..my 06..diagnostic..tried disconnecting battery etc.

Customer Question
I changed a setting on...
I changed a setting on the nav system of my 06 Lexus GX 470 now it's got all sorts of Japanese writing and the menu button is disabled not allowing me to get to the diagnostic menu to change it back. Is there a reset that will bring it to default? I have tried disconnecting battery etc.

Many thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lexus
6/21/2010
Lexus Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Let me know of this link helps.

clickhere

Let me know.
I cannot access the pictures. Any reason why?
Were you able to click the link?
I have an 06 so there is no button called " trip info " after info.

I have gotten to a menu by pressing both the info button and turning lights on and off3 times. It told me that the DVD is dosconnected. However it is connected as I said before I pressed a setting I shouldn't have and need to
get back to that menu to change it back
HAve you tried disconnecting the navigation unit itself?
How do I do that?
e unit should be under the front seat .Slide the seat back and remove the dvd.The slide the seat forward and disconnect the unit the connector.Then reinstall the dvd and see if it resets.
Will do it as soon as I get home. Thanks
No problem .Keep me posted.
Nope that didn't work, and when I go to the service screen after doing it, it shows that the DVD is disconnected.
Show it does not even recognize the navigation unit?
Nope not one bit. I even opened it up and made double sure that everything was connected and that it wasn't something stupid.
Really . It should still recognize the navigation. You can try this .

I found this override on this site, and it worked for me on my 04 GX. The only thing is you have to do it each time you restart the truck, but it can be done at anytime.

Start the truck

Hit I agree

Press Menu

Hit DVD at the top

Press the lower left side of the screen (nothing will be there)

Press the upper left side of the screen (again nothing will be there)

Press the lower left again

Press the upper left again

Press the lower left one more time

Press the lower right

If done correctly a new screen should pop up

Press and hold override for about 5 seconds until it beeps

Hit the back button and you should be good to go.

Let me know if this works.
That is the exact screen I am looking to get to, however my Menu button is disabled. Is there another way to get there besides the menu screen?

If I can get to that screen I can reverse the setting I made and hopefully we are home free.
If you press the lower left of the screen what does it do?
Last two things to try .Turn vehicle on enter accept go to menu.
on the top right of the screen touch DVD, you will see the DVD NAV Disk info screen, you now touch the screen in the following sequence (just normally (not too slow but not fast, JUST NORMALLY)

Top Left Corner

Bottom Left Corner

Top Left Corner

Bottom Left Corner

Bottom Right

then press and hold you finger on "override" until it UN-highlights, then select back and use as usual .
THIS WILL RESET AFTER VEHICLE IS TURNED OFF.

(There are no buttons in the corners, you just touch in the corner.)
Hi, The menu button is disabled meaning it doesn't do anything. As I said before this is the exact menu I need to get to. What I was asking was if there was any other way to get to this menu other then through the Menu button and touching the top left and bottom left of the screen.

This is the whole problem is that the menu button is disabled, otherwise I could just reverse what I did.

Many thanks for your patience.
Still searching . I'll post what I find.
Great thanks