Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

1992 LS: the block valve or reg valve for the AC,and i need it…

Customer Question
I have a 1992 LS...
I have a 1992 LS 400 and a part that im trying to find is stupidly expensive!!!I need the POA valve-also known as the block valve or reg valve for the AC,and i need it but not $500 dollars worth of need-there's no reason why this part is between 900-500 dollars.
So my question is who sells this part new for less than $250(which is still over priced)
And how do i go about getting it?thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lexus
6/19/2010
Lexus Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Ok you can get this from any salvage yard for about 100 to 150 . This is what I did last time . I agree this partmis
way to much money . So I would definitely check local salvage yards and even eBay . This will save you alot of
money .You don't want to go this route?
Ive actually checked ebay and craigslist as well as Ebay UK-I wanted to go new as this part is a pressure part and any used part would have a limited life as its vintage is about the same as they changed after 1992 away from r12.What about the Supra or some other common toyota like corolla?where the demand is higher and i can get away from ordering lexus(name + part=Big$$$)
Yes the part does change over . All you need to do is contact Toyota and they can tell you what will fit it will save you money. Also as for the used part I would not be so concerned my sisters car had the same issue and has about 10 years and 100,000 miles on the used part. This will save you alot of money . Toyota might save you a 100 dollars or so for the part. These are the next steps.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.