Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

1997 lexus es300: 80k miles..accelaration..AC is turned..signals…

Customer Question
Hi i have 1997 lexus...
Hi i have 1997 lexus es300 with just 80k miles on it, recently its started dropping accelaration drastically when AC is turned on(especially during turnings and starting after a brief stop at signals ) . without AC no issues, no codes ,  what could be the problem ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/19/2010
Lexus Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Ok was any a/c work done recently a recharge etc?
yes, it was recharged one month back, after AC work i noticed some acclaration drop  when its on, gradually after a month now now its worse 
Ok this is due to having to much refrigerant in the a/c system which when the a/c is on causes an excessive load
on the motor and causes it to lack power.You need to have the refrigerant recovered and set to the proper level. Also
make sure they did not damage the compressor.This is what's causing your issue and what needs to be done .

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated